Friday, August 6, 2010

High School

It's scary how High School haunts me. Some random mornings, I wake up feeling anxious. In my dream I haven't gone to my Spanish class for several weeks. I'm afraid I'll fail the class, not graduate, and it's senior spring. While I'm feeling panicked in my dazed state, I force myself to realize, first, that I didn't take Spanish Spring Term and, second, that I already graduated. Can these "episodes" be classified as anxiety attacks? Could I be feeling four years worth of anxiety and nervousness crashing down on me all at once? Or is this common? This subconscious denial that high school is OVER?

I don't know what it is, but it still freaks the shit out of me.

You know what else freaks the shit out of me?

2,319 pages of the Dodd-Frank Act on Wall street Reform.

It is literally the scariest piece of legislature that I have ever seen. Probably because I never really look at any such documents and if I need to know the answer, I'll wiki it.

Try wiki-ing this!


Were you expecting to find a concise, 3 line... (oh fine.) I mean, 2-3 paragraph summary?

If Yes, join the club of outrageous optimists and we can have tea sometime.

If No, well, aren't you jaded? I'm kidding. You're logical, awesome really. Keep at it. Being Boring that is. I'm kidding about that as well. And I am NOT bitter.

So, of course I have the option of reading this wiki article.

Not bad eh? compared to 2319 pages?

but before I started devouring the text, I used my brain a little. Oooohhhh isn't that scary? Yeah yeah yeah, whatever.

Why bother reading something that's probs 25-30 pages of some pretty interesting (boring) stuff that's only going to give me an overview when I can read a concise 130 page summary by none other than the trusted Deutsche Bank or the 208 page summary with commentary by... I forget? I mean, if you're going to brave the shit, might as well get a full smack in the face, right?

So yeah,

now you know what the next post is going to be all about.

So, if you get bored by this kind of stuff.

I'm giving you fair warning.

see ya,

in like,

10 days. =)


1 comment:

  1. hahaha warning taken

    when are you coming back to the states??

    p.s. I don't think you're suffering anxiety attacks as much as withdrawal :)

    ReplyDelete