The News is NEVER (EVER EVER EVER EVER) Mindlessly Entertaining.
So here I am, bored. Too lazy to skype people, too lazy to be productive (and the READ THAT 208 page summary WITH commentary), too lazy to eat, too lazy to do anything but sit and stare at the computer. There are no new episodes of CSI: Miami, NCIS:LA, CSI:NY... you get the picture. So, I decide to read some news. Catch up with the times. See what's going on in the world. I mean, it's important and I don't necessarily have to THINK. Thinking can come later. I just have to read and shove the information into my brain where hopefully it won't slip out of my nose or something.
I'm bored. I want to be entertained.
Entertained...
Mindlessly Entertained...
GIANT MONSOON OBLITERATES PAKISTAN KILLING 1,500 CIVILIANS: DEVASTATION WHILE PRESIDENT ASIF ZARDARI CHILLS IN FRANCE: POLITICAL UNREST: THE RISE OF RELIGIOUS GROUPS
RECESSION CONTINUES TO FUCK UP OUR LIVES: MAYBE THOUGHTLESSLY SPILLING MONEY ON RANDOM THINGS WASN'T GOING TO FIX THE DECLINING JOB MARKET: CAN THE DEMOCRATS FACE THIS CRIPPLING TRUTH?: THE RABBIT HOLE WAS A LOT DEEPER THAN WE ORIGINALLY THOUGHT: THAT IS, WE DIDN'T BREAK OUR LEGS, WE BROKE OUR NECKS!!!
BLOODY DEMONSTRATIONS IN INDIAN KASHMIR: WE PELT POLICE WITH STONES WHILE WE DRAG DEAD (YES DEAD!) BODIES AROUND SCREAMING OUR HEADS OFF! "FREEDOM!" "YOUR BLOOD WILL START A REVOLUTION!"
and I could go on and on, but whats the point?
and I could go on and on, but whats the point?
I mean,
"It seems today
that all we see, is VIOLENCE in OUR NEWS DISPLAYED on TV
But where are those MINDLESS ENTERTAINMENTS
on which we used to rely??????
Lucky there's a family guy! (where?)
.................................................................."
~!@#$%^&*()_
ahahah have you gotten to that part in Infinite Jest when dfw lists a bunch of headlines in caps about how the president is this ridiculous germaphobe and the canadian-u.s. friction has reached an all-time high or something?? this reminded me of that :)
ReplyDeleteand i can't WAIT for you to be in the states so we can finally TEXT
and SKYPE on closer time zones tee hee
LOVE YOUR NEW LAYOUT
ReplyDeleteThe News = always a partypooper. :<
ReplyDeleteYoutube = has that mindless entertainment everywhars.