Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FUN FUN FUN~ in CALIFORNIA

WOW, so I know California isn't like, um, let's say Ghana or the Czech Republic, but just the feeling of being away from home makes me happy. A friend of mine told me yesterday that home made him feel lazy and nihilistic. Well, I don't know about the nihilistic part, but definitely, I had been getting those lazy vibes, so it's great to be out here in California where the objective IS to have fun. I like that. While some may argue that having fun might not be much different from being lazy, there is a fundamental difference in activity level, perhaps not physically, but definitely mentally. That is, there is a certain direction to the moment, whether that's hanging out at the beach, going to an intense Tae Bo session or watching fireworks at Disneyland (which was pretty fantastic! It made me feel all gooey and happy inside).

Speaking of Disneyland, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland), all I can say is WOW. Last time I was there was 2 and a half years ago and I don't recall it being this much fun. That's probably because when I went last time, there wasn't much time and there were so many freaking people at the park, also, our tickets only let us choose between Disneyland and California rather than letting us switch back and forth. Yesterday, however, it was a different story. Sure, the lines were still long and we had to get fastpasses and everything, but just the idea that there were no time restraints. And if there was a sense of boredom or tiredness from the long waits and the just-for-kids-really rides at the park, the fireworks and the fantasmick show made the whole day worth it. If Disney is stingy with the ride length, the food, and the souvenirs, it sure isn't with the evening shows.There was this cool thing where they projected some clips from old Disney movies, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, etc. onto a spray of water. Pretty cool, if I may say so myself. =) So a great day at Disney. I would go again just for the shows, but my legs are tired from taebo and from all that walking. =)

So today, is rest time and then more Tae bo. Annnnnnnd Tomorrow is VEGAS.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds amazing...agreed being at home can make you lazy. when are you leaving for your next voyage?

    ReplyDelete