Thursday, October 21, 2010

BLAG

Often, I check this blag and I realize I haven't been taking much care of it. Well, what can I say? There's not much I want to throw out there at the moment. Not that this means that my life is boring. I personally find something quite fantastic about living and learning... sort of. Last week, I finally got around to reading Sunzi's Art of War and Machiavelli's Prince. Do I sound like a megalomaniac to you? If I do, you are a good judge of character (at least, in this case.). But my obsession with war, conquest, politics, strange as it may seem, are quite separate from my obsession with taking over the world. OR maybe not. I just get a kick from reading different methodologies (or rather philosophies?), perhaps strategies, behind war, who wages war, why wars are fought, if wars are truly inevitable, etc. While I would love to get in the arena one day, I'd like to just analyze the way people work rather than be part of the broiling masses. My interest lies not in interacting, but in dissecting for the sole purpose of investigation. Me ruling the world is a branch of my idealistic, "the world can be saved and I'm going to do it," whatever you call that, while my obsession with war is more based on understanding... gulp.... humans, like da Vinci ripping open cadavers.

So if at any time, I find myself wanting to blurt out a connection I've seen or something utterly amazing that I need to discuss, I'll write an entry. If not, well, don't check the blog. and stop complaining. geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment