Saturday, September 4, 2010

College

College. What can one say? Some people dive into it. Some people hold back. Some people go to frat parties their first week and come back trashed despite all the advertisements that the parties are "dry." And some people just really stay dry, and hang with a couple of new friends. Some people let themselves go and eat all the junk they couldn't at home. Some people refuse freshman 15. Some people are excited. Some people don't care. Some think college is awesome despite having been only six days. Others reserve judgement. But despite all the different opinions and despite all the different courses of actions that are chosen, they are all at college. And most of them are adults. And most of them don't act like it. All of them are children, young and untried, "living it up," so to speak.

Let's just hope that it stays that way. That the spirit to live, to try, to explore continues to survive into adulthood and through the middle ages until we finally die.

The greatest sadness is the act of failing, not in the pursuit of happiness, but in having the motivation to chase after it.

2 comments:

  1. SO I'M BACKKKKKK :)
    after your nudging teehee

    I love this post. And I agree...I wish we could always be this lively.

    ReplyDelete